Certificate 3 Guarantee Program
From 1 July 2013 the Certificate 3 Guarantee provides subsidies to assist Queenslanders in obtaining their first post-school certificate level lll qualification.
A certificate lll is the first level of post-school qualification shown to have a significant impact on a person’s employment and earnings. It is also the level of qualification usually required to get a job in industries like aged-care, child-care, hospitality and small business.
To help students who may need to develop skills before undertaking a certificate lll course, the Certificate 3 Guarantee will also cover foundation skills including language, literacy and numeracy as well as certificate l and ll qualifications that lead to the certificate lll.
There is a vast range of certificate lll qualifications subsidised under the Certificate 3 Guarantee HERE.
To be eligible for the Certificate 3 Guarantee, a student must:
- not hold or be currently undertaking a certificate lll or higher level qualification (This does not include qualifications undertaken while at secondary school).
- be 15 years of age or older.
- have finished secondary school or left school.
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen permanently residing in Queensland.
Employment status does not matter and nor is there any minimum education requirement, only the standard entry requirements for the course of study.
Note: Eligible individuals must understand that the entitlement under the Certificate 3 Guarantee is for one Government subsidised training place in a funded certificate lll qualification. It is very important that you take the time to consider and compare your training options and costs, before signing an enrolment form or committing to a course of study which will use up your entitlement.
Choosing a training provider
When choosing a training provider make sure they give you:
- details of all fees and course costs so you are aware of the costs involved and can compare training providers
- the option to purchase required equipment and materials elsewhere if you wish.
- a training and assessment plan relating to the course being undertaken.
- a refund policy outlining when you are entitled to a full or part refund of fees.
If you are not happy with the information or service provided to you by a training provider, please telephone 1300 369 935 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further advice.
High-priority qualifications are those qualifications which develop the skills most needed by the economy. They are determined based on information about skill shortages, advice from industry, and the importance of the qualification in gaining an employment outcome.
The list of high-priority qualifications is available at www.training.qld.gov.au. The list will continue to be reviewed and updated throughout 2013-2014.
Want to study now?
Click here to see more information regarding this fantastic opportunity. We are required to be as flexible as necessary regarding the structure of your qualification keeping in mind the packaging rules as outlined here.
Contact the team at Smartskill Queensland today on 1300 650 378 or use our 'Contact Us' portal.